|Decatur High School|
110 Cedar St.
Decatur, MI 49045
Fax # 269-423-6899
Principal- Matt McLouth
Athletic Director- Brian Southworth
Announcements For 5/20/19
Dole Packaged Foods in Decatur is hiring high school students for summer positions. They are paying $11 per hour, forty hours per week plus overtime. You need to be at least 18 years old to apply. Please see the flyer on the bulletin board outside the high school office for more information.
Congratulations to the following boys and girls who qualified for the state championship track meet in Hudsonville on June 1st: Jeremiah Salas - 100 M dash, Salas, Anthony Hunter, Brett Clauser, and Matthew Allett in the 4 X 100 M relay, Jack O' Brien in the shot put, Jonathan Camarillo in the discus, and Jania Green in the shot and discus. Also medaling for the boy's team were Anthony Hunter who was 3rd in the 200 M dash, Brandon Wheeler 3rd in the shot put, Matthew Allett 5th in the 400 M dash, Jack O'Brien 5th in the discus, and Anthony Hunter 5th in the high jump. For the girl's team, Cristece Green, Maddisyn Stull, Heidi Horvath and Danna Gomez were 4th in the 4 X 100 relay, and the team of Mya Stanek, Anna Creagan, Sydney Sturgis and Heidi Horvath were 7th in the 4 X 400 relay.
The Raider Marching Band Color Guard will be having auditions for the 2019 season on May 31st during 6th hour. Please come to 6th hour May 23rd or May 24th to learn the audition routine. Anyone can audition. We'd love to have some new faces in the Raider Marching Band!
Come out to the Raider Band Breakfast this Sunday at the VFW from 8 AM - noon. $5 for adults, $3 senior citizens, and kids 3 and under are free. There is a family discount as well. Hope to see you there!
There will be a junior high student council meeting Tuesday during Pride period in the media center.
High school student council applications are due on Wednesday.
Do youwant to design THE SHIRT? Next year every student in the Jr. Sr. high School will receive a long sleeve t-shirt to show our school spirit. We need you to design THE SHIRT. Bring your 3 best color designs to Mr. Wicklund and if your design is chosen, you will receive $50 in free Raider Wear from the Athletic Boosters and a $50 Visa Gift Card from the HS Student Council. Designs are due on Friday, May 24th. Good Luck!
Attention seniors: Your Chromebooks will be collected tomorrow. Please make sure you have everything ready to turn in at that time.
All library books will need to be returned to the media center by Friday.
Announcements for 4/15/19
* Attention seniors: If you are going to the prom and wish to be included in the class predictions segment of the event, please pick up a questionnaire in the office and return it to Ms. Palanca no later than Tuesday, April 23rd.
*The 8th grade farewell dance is scheduled for Saturday, May 11th from 6 to 9 PM. Over the next couple of weeks the 8th graders will vote on the theme for the farewell dance.
* Prom 2019 "A Night at the Oscars" will be held on Saturday, April 27th at the Decatur VFW. Tickets will be $25 per person and will be sold on Fridays during lunch.
* The Decatur Youth Group is seeking students to be an umpire for their games. If you are interested in being an umpire please see Mr. Southworth.
* Track athletes need to be at the track by 4 PM tonight.
* If you are going to take someone from another school to prom, please stop by the office for a prom dance request form.
* Junior students need to stop by the office to get a pre-arranged absence sheet for your trip to SMC on May 13th.
* I would like to remind all students that you are not allowed to be in the elementary during the school day. If you are sent to the elementary by a teacher for any reason you must first stop and sign in in the elementary office.
* Students going on the Alaska trip need to stop by the district office today to pick up their tickets.