Decatur Public Schools
With the cooperation of faculty, staff, parents, and community all students will achieve the academic and
social skills necessary to be life-long learners and productive members of society.
The vision for Decatur Public Schools is to provide all learners with a solid foundation of skills, knowledge,
and understandings that are necessary for their continual growth and success as students within the
school setting, and as adults in society. As a result of sound K-12 education, based on well defined
educational outcomes, Decatur graduates are expected to become:
● Effective communicators,
● Critical thinkers and problem solvers,
● Technologically literate,
● Caring, sensitive, flexible, and healthy human beings,
● Responsible family members,
● Self-directed life-long learners.
● We believe all students can achieve at high levels.
● We believe that all students can learn and must be taught effectively according to their individual
needs and differences.
● We believe learning should be active, enriching, and have application to the world we live in.
● We believe it is our duty to help students develop trust, responsibility, tolerance, and the
necessary problem solving and critical thinking skills to succeed in a diverse and ever changing
● We believe a commitment to continuous improvement is essential to providing excellence in
● We believe all members of the school community have an equal part in creating the District goals
and resulting successes.
● We believe the collaboration between the home, the school district, and the community has a
direct correlation to the quality of the educational system and the experience of each student.
● We believe that the Decatur Public School District must manage financial assets in an efficient
and effective manner that is fiscally responsible to all members of the community.